Sunday, March 25, 2012

Peas in the Ground... err, bucket of dirt.



The four pea seeds that sprouted! Look at those cute wittle tailies! Sat in damp tissue for two days, but I got impatient and threw them in a small dish of cold water. Less than 24hrs later and this is how they looked! Guess the dark guy is a dudder; I tried to eat it but it was too hard to crack.
Toothpicks marking where each seed was planted. Going to add in the sticks and string for climbing very soon. Should I wait until I see greens above ground or just go right ahead and git er done?

Notes on bucket composting for condos and apartments. Stumbled upon Effective Organisms (EM) and the Bokashi Bin, will have to look more into it. My heart is set on vermicomposting and from my understanding the two are compatible.

Ideal composting notes. Didn't cover hot vs. cool(er) methods. HOT kills weed seeds and diseases, but not sure if cold(er), which reaches up to 45 celsius, will.
And there you have it! A summary of yesterdays gardening work and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment